“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing several other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- To share a suggestion, comment, or correction, please send me an email at [email protected] .
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu, items listed alphabetically *
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- Basic information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- Challenging questions — scriptural answers to challenging doctrinal questions, and “The Trial”
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
- Information — general and specific information concerning LDS doctrine, principles, and church history
- “Jesus The Christ” and “The Life of Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by James E. Talmage and Frederic William Farrar in their landmark books
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- Names, unique — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Personal items — books read, half-marathons run, astronomy, math problems, Spanish, English, KnoWhy index, Operation On Target
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Scriptures — commentaries, stories, scripture mastery verses
- Stories, quotes, jokes, puns, sermons — entertaining stories, quotes, scripture jokes and puns, including knee-slappers and groaners; also talks
- Talks, Classic — classic, timeless talks and sermons by our inspired General Authorities
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
(April, May, and June of 2023)
- Scripture joke of the month: Who was the greatest financier in the Bible? It must have been Pharaoh’s daughter. She found a little prophet [profit] by a rush on the bank. More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here
- Hymn joke of the month: What is the favorite hymn of LDS weight lifters? Hymn # 243 — “Let Us All Press On” More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 63:15 — “…they came down with a numerous army to war against the people of Moronihah, or against the army of Moronihah …”. This is an excellent example of an engravo. The engraver, after engraving ‘people’, decided that ‘army’ was a much more specific and appropriate phrase. Hence, the additional explanatory phrase. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month:
- QUESTION: Why is May 31, 2023 going to be a special day for those who enjoy Latter-day Saint trivia?
- ANSWER: On May 31, 2023, President Henry B. Eyring will turn 90 years of age. At that point in time, all three members of the First Presidency will be 90 years of age or older. At no point in our Church history have all three members of the First Presidency been in their nineties.
- ANOTHER QUIZ QUESTION: Two of our previous Church presidents served as president of the Salt Lake Temple before their service as the Prophet. Who were these two brethren?
- ANSWER: President Lorenzo Snow and President Joseph Fielding Smith both served as president of the Salt Lake Temple prior to their service as Prophet.
- Quote of the month: “Obedience allows God’s blessings to flow without constraint. He will bless His obedient children with freedom from bondage and misery. And He will bless them with more light.” President Russell M. Nelson, October 2022.
- Vocabulary word of the month: harbinger — a person or thing that announces or signals the approach of another. Elder James E. Talmage uses this word in his masterpiece, Jesus the Christ, on page 125, line 12. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Aevah Havea. This is the first and middle name of a little girl in Utah. You can easily recognize that the letters of her first and middle names form a perfect palindrome. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Regal Worth. These are the first and middle names of a young boy. He has a brother named Noble Justice (first and middle names). This name and all others seen on this website are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Another interesting Church history fact: With President Henry B. Eyring turning 90 years of age on May 31, 2023, we will have four brethren (President Nelson, Elder Ballard, President Oaks, and President Eyring) serving as apostles who are 90 or older. This is a rare occurrence.